Updated information on the 2016 Master Classes will appear by the end of December 2015 — Please check back!
2015 Stulberg Master Class Program
Application Deadline: Friday, March 20, 2015
The Stulberg provides a unique learning experience through its Master Class Program. Young students have the opportunity to learn from world-renowned artists, gaining valuable audition and performance experience. Applications will be accepted from violin, viola, and cello soloists under the age of 20 (as of January 1, 2015). Auditions will be held to determine participation.
Dates and Locations
- Application Deadline — Friday, March 20, 2015, 4 pm (see application and payment links below)
- Master Class Auditions — Saturday, March 28, 2015, First Congregational Church in Kalamazoo, times TBD
- Master Classes — Sunday, May 17, 2015, 12:30-3:30 pm, Dalton Center, Western Michigan University
- All applicants are advised to audition in person on Saturday, March 28, 2015 for the best chance of acceptance. Exceptions for insurmountable conflicts will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All auditions must be performed from memory and with piano accompaniment.
- Those selected for Master Classes must perform the same work as performed at the audition.
Master Classes are free and open to the public. Master Classes provide an opportunity for ALL area students, musicians and audiences to observe and learn from these world-class artists. Please join us for the Sunday, May 17 Master Classes, as well as for the Saturday, May 16 Competition Semifinals (free and open to the public) and Finals (ticketed admission).